Japanese music continues to rule for a 4th week. After Smap, Back Number
and the Kinki Kids, One OK Rock, an alternative rock band from Tokyo,
debuts at No.1 selling 315k copies of their 8th LP, 'Ambitions', 304,100
of which were sold in Japan according to Oricon. An English version of
the LP was released in the US, Canada, Germany, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
British Trio The xx debut at No. 2 this week with 'I See You' and sales
of 141,000, 46,000 in the US, 26,500 in the UK, 15,000 in Germany, 6,000
in France, 5,800 in Canada, 3,600 in Australia and 2,100 in Japan.
The soundtrack to 'La La Land' soars from no.9 to 4 this week!
WORLD'S TOP 10 BEST-SELLING ALBUMS
1. Ambitions - ONE OK ROCK - 1st week - 315.000
2. I See You - The xx - 1st week - 141.000
3. Starboy - The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk - 106.000 - 1.098.000 total
4. La La Land - Soundtrack - 77.000 1st week - 161.000 total
5. 24k Magic - Bruno Mars
6. Moana - Soundtrack - 59.000 1st week - 352.000 total
7. 25 Years - SMAP - 59.000 1st week - 1.066.000 total
8. Encore - back number（バックナンバー） - 56.000 - 444.000
9. Blue & Lonesome - The Rolling Stones - 56.000 - 1.531.000
10. 25 - Adele - 47.000 - 19.800.000