Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You' reigns for a 10th week atop the Global Track
chart, and is the fastest selling song of nearly 20 years. Elton John's
'Candle In The Wind 1997'holds the all-time record!
This week 'Castle On The Hill', formerly at no.2, ranks a 10th week on
the chart at no.9. 'Galway Girl' holds at no.11 for a second week.
'Something Just Like This' by The Chainsmokers feat. Coldplay remains at
No.2 for a third week.
'It Ain't Me' by Norwegian Superstar DJ Kygo featuring Selena Gomez
soars to no.5 this week. For both artists it's the highest position on
the Global Chart so far.
After selling another 816,000 consumption units, of which 595,000 were
pure sales, Ed is No.1 for a 2nd week! So far Ed has sold a total of
2,605,000 of this album making it the best-selling Album of 2017! The
album has already sold 303,500 in the UK, 180,000 in the US, 32,000 in
Canada and 35,000 in Australia!!
The Weeknd's 'Starboy' is the 2nd best-selling Album of 2017 with a
total of 1,064,000 sales.
Metallica has the 2nd best-selling Album of this week after Ed's Divide.
'Hardwired...To Self-Destruct' holds at no.2 with 124,000 equivalent
WORLD'S TOP 10 BEST-SELLING ALBUMS OF THE WEEK
1. Divide - Ed Sheeran - 816.000 this week /2.605.000 total
2. Hardwired...To Self-Destruct - Metallica - 124.000 / 2.115.000 3.
Bruno Mars - 24k Magic - 85.000 / 2.088.000
4. Starboy - The Weeknd ft Daft Punk - 83.000 / 1.818.000
5. Moana (Viana) - Soundtrack - 77.000 / 789.000
6. Human - Rag’n’Bone Man - 77.000 / 628.000
7. Beauty And The Beast 2017 - Soundtrack - 74.000 / 74.000
8. La La Land - Soundtrack - 74.000 / 835.000
9. X - Ed Sheeran - 62.000 / 9.150.000
10. Mission Enfoirés - Les Enfoirés - 60.000 / 213.000
It's no surprise that Ed Sheeran has the Worlds best-selling Album this
week, after shifting 1,789,000 equivalent sales, 1,467,000 of it in pure
sales (physical and digital). Ed's 'Divide' is the top-selling album
since Adele's '25' which debuted with 5,7 million start sales. In the
UK, 'Divide' sold 671,500 copies, the 3rd highest weekly sales frame by
an album there ever! In the US, 'Divide' had 451,000 consumption units;
in Australia 97,000, and in Canada 75,000! Ed's former albums are also
back: 'X' returns to the Global Top 10, after a long time, at no.9, with
sales of 71,000 and a total of 9,088,000 so far! 'Plus' rises to no.23
this week with 38,000 sales and a total of 5,103,000 units.
The second highest debut of the week is 'Mission Enfoirés', the 2017
edition of the yearly French charity gala 'Les Enfoirés'. The
compilation debuts at no.2 with sales of 153,000!
WORLD'S TOP 10 BEST-SELLING ALBUMS (WK 11)
1. Divide - Ed Sheeran - 1.789.000 (1st Week)
2. Les Enfoirés - Mission Enfoirés - 153.000 (1st Week)
3. Hardwired...To Self-Destruct - Metallica - 103.000 / 1.991.000 4.
Human - Rag’n’Bone Man - 101.000 / 551.000
5. 24k Magic - Bruno Mars - 98.000 / 2.003.000
6. La La Land - Soundtrack - 94.000 / 761.000
7. My Voice - TaeYeon 태연 - 90,000 (1st Week) 8. Starboy - The Weeknd -
82.000 / 1.735.000
9. X - Ed Sheeran - 71.000 / 9.088.000
10. Born To Be Wild - EXILE THE SECOND - 64.000
Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You" resists atop the Global track chart for a
9th straight week with 16 songs from the album jumping on the
international hitlists. Ed has 5 Singles in this week's Top 20 and 9 on
the Global Top 40 list! Only one time in history an act had more hits
simultaneously on the global chart, and that was Michael Jackson with 14
hit singles in the Top 40 just after his sudden death.
At No.2 for a 2nd week is 'Something Just Like This' by The Chainsmokers
Ed Sheeran's 'Castle On The Hill', which debuted at no.2 eight weeks
ago, rockets back from no.9 to no.3. Ed's new 'Galway Girl', debuts at
no.11 this week and 'Perfect' is just behind at no.12. 'Dive' debuts at
no.16. 'Happier' enters at 22, 'New Man' at no.25, 'Supermarket Flowers'
at no.34 and 'How Would You Feel (Paean)' re-enters at no.29 after
debuting at no.10 a fortnight ago.
WORLD'S TOP 20 SINGLES (WK 11)
1. Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran
2. Something Just Like This - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay
3. Castle On The Hill - Ed Sheeran
4. Chained To The Rhythm - Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley
5. I Don't Wanna Live Forever - Zayn & Taylor Swift
6. Rockabye - Clean Bandit feat. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie
7. Paris - The Chainsmokers
8. It Ain't Me - Kygo feat. Selena Gomez
9. That's What I Like - Bruno Mars
10. I Feel It Coming - The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk
11. Galway Girl - Ed Sheeran
12. Perfect - Ed Sheeran
13. Green Light - Lorde
14. Human - Rag’n’Bone Man
15. Cold - Maroon 5 feat. Future
16. Dive - Ed Sheeran
17. Say You Won't Let Go - James Arthur
18. Bad And Boujee - Migos feat. Lil Uzi Vert
19. Tonight - Kis-My-Ft2
20. Closer - The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey
Just one week after Future's fifth and self-titled album landed at no.2
of the Global Album Chart with 163,000 equivalent sales, the American
rapper releases 'Hendrxx' which debuts at No.1 with 142,000 consumption
units, 121,000 in the US and 7,800 in Canada.
Rag'n'Bone Man's 'Human' goes back to No.2 with sales of 121,000 and a
total of 450,000 after three weeks on the chart.
After Future and Rag'n'Bone Man are four albums from Asia. Korean Girls
Band Twice are at No.3 and Korean Boys Group, the Bangtail Boys, are at
no.5. The seven member pop group AAA and SKE 48 from Japan are at no.4
The six-times Oscar Award winning musical 'La La Land' rises back to
no.7 with 97,000 units.'Fifty Shades Darker' closes the Top 10 with
Between the two soundtracks is Bruno Mars' '24k Magic' at no.8 with
sales of 91,000. Close behind at no.9 is The Weeknd's 'Starboy' with
WORLD'S TOP 10 ALBUMS OF THE PAST WEEK
1. Hndrxx - Future - 142.000 (1st wk)
2. Human - Rag’n’Bone Man - 121.000 - 450.000 (total)
3. Twicecoaster: Lane 2 - TWICE - 115.000
4. Way Of Glory - AAA - 112.000
5. Wings - BTS - 105.000 - 1.130.000
6. Kakumei No Oka - SKE48 - 100.000
7. La La Land - Soundtrack - 97.000 - 667.000
8. 24k Magic - Bruno Mars - 91.000 - 1.905.000
9. Starboy - The Weeknd - 86.000 - 1.653.000
10. Fifty Shades Darker - Soundtrack- 80.000 / 396.000