Avicii's smash hit "Wake me up" remains at N°2 and "Blurred Lines" stays in 3rd position after a sales decrease
Lady GaGa's "Applause" and Eminem's "Berzerk" switch places. "Applause" goes up one to no.4 and "Berzerk" slips to no.5.
The only new entry in the top ten is New Zealand new Breakthrough star Lorde. Her amazing hit Single "Royals" jumps from no.16 to no.7.
There are five new Entries in this week's top 40, four from
Asia and one from the USA. With the phenomenal success of the girl band AKB 48 many sister groups were founded including HKT 48. Their new single "Melon Juice" is the clear winner this week in Japan, and sits at no.11 in this week's world chartw.
G-Dragon from K-Pop band Big Bang opens with two songs simultaneously, "Who You?" at no.25 and "Black", a collaboration with rapper Jennie Kim, at no.27.
Tohoshinki, one of Korea's most successful boy groups, lands another big smash in Japan with "Scream" at no.32.
The only western new entry on this week's charts is "Sail" by Awolnation, an American electronic Band. 'Sail' was released in 2011 and has been 122 weeks on the US Digital charts. This week it enters the World charts at no.15 .
Outside the top 40 waiting among other G-Dragon's third new hot Single "Coup D'etat" at no.42.
Flo Rida feat. Pitbull's "Can't Believe It" is at no.46. Dutch electrinic Dance Music Artist Martin Garrix' European hit "Animals" finally enters the world charts at no.48. Jason DeRulo's "Talk Dirty" is at no.56 and Belgian Superstar Stromae's 'Papaoutai' is at no.60 for his first appearance on the World's 50 best-selling Singles tally.
The Civil Wars has been on hiatus since last November, citing "internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition." While the act is not performing shows to promote the new album, Williams has been giving interviews to the press. White, however, has been keeping a low profile and has not spoke to the media.
A sturdy 69% of "The Civil Wars'" first week sales came from digital retailers. Its download sales of 81,000 easily place it at No. 1 on the Digital Albums chart as well.
Let's look at what Her Madgesty has given us over the years...
1. She is the most iconic and influential Female Recording Artists of all time!
2. She is the World's best-selling Female Recording-Artist of All Time having sold over 200 million Albums during her career
3. She is the Best-selling American Female Artist of All Time
4. She is the best-selling Singles Artist of All Time in the UK
5. She wrote the fastest selling kids book of All Time Her children's book The English Roses sold faster than any other
6. She inspired every struggling young singer/actor/dancer with a dream
7. She dared to open her own record label In 1992 Madonna founded Maverick records and negotiated herself 20% of all music royalties. Which proved useful as she later went on to sell millions of those.
8. She launched the careers of Alanis Morrisette and The Prodigy. She signed Alanis to her Maverick Record label and Jagged Little Pill went on to be one of the world's greatest selling Albums in history by a Female recording-artist album.
9. She helped write songs for Amy Winehouse
10. She inspired Robbie Williams' song "She's Madonna"
11. She provided Gary Barlow with the N°1 hit song "Love Won't Wait"
12. She put Malawi on the map. Not many people talked about Malawi before Madonna's Raising Malawi Organisation which has built ten schools and educates 4,781 children.
13. She launched the trend for celebrity adoption. Madonna adopted two orphans from Malawi, David Bande Mwale in 2006 and Chifundo "Mercy" James in 2009.
14. She popularised Argentinian politics. Before Madonna played Eva Peron, not many really knew much about Argentina's General Peron.
15. She gave us some amazing quotes "I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King and John Lennon - but I want to stay alive."
Lady Gaga & Katy Perry Singles getting great response everywhere!
Perry's 'Roar' and Lady Gaga's "Applause" have blasted into the US Pop chart's top 20!
Both tracks are heading for big debuts on the US and World Chart next week.
Radios everywhere are spinning both songs and praising each.
Ultimately, Perry and Gaga releasing buzz-generating tracks simultaneously represents not a competition, but great for pop radio.
Robin Thicke feat. T.I. & Pharrell Williams' "Blurred Lines" is atop the World Singles chart for the tenth week! "Blurred Lines" is now the second biggest selling Single of 2013, overtaking Pink feat. Nate Ruess' "Just Give Me A Reason" and second only to Macklemore & Ryan's "Thrift Shop".
Next week, Kate Perry's "'Roar" which came out earlier than Lady GaGa's "Applause" could enter the World charts at N°1. "Roar" will easily give Perry the biggest sales week of the year for a song, and likely her largest sales week. At the present, her largest week was earned by "Firework" in 2010.
Avicii's "Wake Me Up" is at N°2 for the fourth week running and Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams' "Get Lucky" stays at N°3 .
The Highest debut of the week comes from Japanese rock band Southern All Stars.